Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ground Zero


I continue yesterday's weird album with another weird offering, Ground Zero's Revolutionary Pekinese Opera Ver.1.28. It's from 96, so some of you might have heard it already, but it's worth hearing it if you haven't. It's a Japanese band that makes experimental noise rock via, as far as I can tell, free improvisation. Now let me explain, before you stop reading. This is not Derek Bailey or Anthony Braxton free improv. Sure, it times it's noisy, but that's to be expected. I'm listening to the album as I type this, and a long noise section just ended, and now a soothing female singer is vocalising in a very Eastern sounding mode, there are some cymbal hits, and it's relaxing. Of course, within the next five minutes, it might sound like Hell on Earth, but it's enjoyable.

Plus, there's a guy in the band that plays turntables.

Free improv turntables.


http://www.mediafire.com/?mhoxjmmgtmm

No comments: