Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bullshit Poem/Wolves In The Throne Room

I'm tired

On my horse
I ride to war
Sometimes I
bring back a whore

On the way back
We ride my steed
And the girl,
She rides me.

----------


So you might be wondering why the poem for today is shittier than usual. It's for one of two reasons. One, because I'm tired as hell from band practice and not getting enough sleep, and two, in honor of black metal. Now you might think corpse paint and Norway when you hear black metal, but Wolves In The Throne Room completely blow that stereotype away with Two Hunters. Somewhat. Their lyrics are still ridiculous and not to be taken seriously, but they believe in radical environmentalism, not church burning. Of course, it's not like you can make out what the guy is yelling over the gorgeous guitar melodies and blastbeats. And I do mean gorgeou. This album is full of intertwining guitar lines, not quite up to par with composed counterpoint, but near it. Another point to make note of is the production. Most black metal sounds like it was recorded in a shoe box lined with aluminum on a mountain slope, but this record is warm. Listen to Dea Artio and you'll see what I'm talking about.

One of the best records of 2007, hands down.

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fwbpkgd3fho

No comments: