Monday, August 11, 2008

Burial


I recently found a copy of Burial's debut album, Burial. Having only heard his breakout album that half the world jizzed over, Untrue, I wasn't expecting the glitch influence in this album, but I have to say, it is very interesting. Untrue is one of most melancholy albums I've heard, with tons of vocal samples, strings, and sparse beats. On this album, Burial experiments with the drum samples much more, with odd time signatures, off beat rhythms, and the melodic parts are subdued. I'm uploading the CD version, which is different in both the tracklist and the number of tracks than the vinyl I have, but it is overall the same album.

I urge everyone to download Untrue if they like this album but think it's a bit weird, it is much more accessible, but very refreshing.

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?m4g8o1qptd4

No comments: